A blend of our top blocks from estate grown fruit in the Okanagan and Similkameen Valleys - Lost Horn, South Rock, and Lazy River Vineyards.
Notes and Pairing:
These blocks are cropped at 3 tons an acre or less, handpicked, hand sorted, and patiently aged in our cellar in a concentrated effort to capture these exceptional terroirs. The individual varietal components are aged for 13 months in 100% French Oak (35% new). Then the very best barrels are blended together and allowed to age a further 11 months in neutral French oak concentrating the intense aromas and flavours of cassis, black and red fruits, fresh tobacco, cracked black pepper, cedar, and distinct minerality.
Reviews and Awards:
- 2018 Summit - 95 Points - John Schreiner
- 2018 Summit - 95 Points - Daenna Van Mulligen
- 2018 Summit - 91 Points - David Lawrason
- 2017 Summit - 94 Points - Rick VanSickle
- 2017 Summit - 93 Points - John Szabo, MS
- 2016 Summit - 95 Points - Natalie MacLean
- 2016 Summit - 94 Points - John Schreiner
- 2016 Summit Double Gold Wine Press Northwest Platinum Competition
- 2016 Summit - Gold - Cascadia International Wine Competition
- 2014 Summit - 97 Points - Double Gold - San Franciso International Wine Competition
"The wine begins with aromas of black cherry and blueberry mingled with cassis. Fine, polished tannins give this wine elegance and length. It has sweet flavours of dark fruits that persist on the long finish. This wine is worth every penny of the price."
"In my opinion, 2018 is the best Summit so far. An opulent red showcasing rich chocolate, black cherry, ribena, vanilla liqueur and concord grape aromas along with licorice, crushed purple flowers and a sprig of mint. Profound and powerful yet seductively woven; there are no sharp edges here just balanced beauty. Supple in weight the palate echoes the nose with black fruits, vanilla, leather and toasted brown spices. A complete red, with sweet tannins lounging on a smooth lengthy finish."