2018 Reserve Syrah
This wine highlights not only the various terroirs of the South Okanagan and Similkameen Valleys, but also is a Winemaker Selection of the very best barrels in the cellar.
Notes and Pairing:
Big Fruit forward, spicy and leather notes. Finishes long with meaty and black pepper notes.
Reviews and Awards:
- 2018 Reserve Syrah - Platinum Medal - 2021 BC Lieutenant Governor's Awards
- 2018 Reserve Syrah - 92 Points - David Lawrason - WineAlign
- 2018 Reserve Syrah - 92 Points - Daenna Van Mulligen - WineDiva
- 2018 Reserve Syrah - 91 Points - Michael Godel
- 2018 Reserve Syrah - 90 Points - John Szabo, MS
- 2016 Reserve Syrah - 92 points - WineAlign
- 2016 Reserve Syrah - Silver Medal - BC Lieutenant Governors Wine Awards-Okanagan Wine Festival
- 2016 Reserve Syrah - Silver Medal - Okanagan Life Best of BC Wine
Here is a full bodied, quite sleek and mineral syrah with very woodsy, smoky, peppery ambiance - not the big cherry bomb. It is full bodied, quite juicy and acid focused. A real sense of minerality on the finish. Very much leaning to a Rhone Syrah style, not Aussie shiraz. The length is excellent. 92 Points
From fruit out of two vineyards, Lost Horn (Okanagan Falls- glacially deposited rock and includes stony gravel, clay, and sandy loam) and Lazy River (Similkameen Valley - tony, gravelly and silty loams from glacial rock formation). Possessive of a most singular and unique aromatic profile, surely mineral and also toasty, like the charred and blistered skins of tomatoes and red pepper mingling with meat juices on kebabs roasted over charcoal. Lots of gastronomy, grilling flavours and the smokiness that comes from food and fire. Liquid chalky and moderately structured. Drink 2021-2024. 91 Points.